We have released a new feature called "Actions.” This feature automates project creation to make the end-to-end data labeling process even more efficient. In this blog post, we will explore this new feature and provide an example of how it can be utilized in your labeling creation process.
For our initial release of Actions, the automated task is creating projects. Creating projects can be a repetitive task, especially if you’re using Datasaur for only one or two workflows.
With Actions, you can tell Datasaur the project settings you would like to automate, including:
This feature is designed to help users save time with an easy-to-use experience directly on the app, without the need for scripting.
Creating an Action is a straightforward process. To get started, navigate to the "Automations" tab on the sidebar. From there, click the "New Action" button on the right. For a detailed explanation of the form, click here. By creating a new Action, you specify the project creation process you want to automate.
Once you have successfully created an Action, a new card representing it will be generated. To run the Action, simply click the "Run" button on the card and wait.
To view more detailed information about the Action Run that you have just triggered, click on "View Run". This will redirect you to an Action Run page where each row on the table represents each time that you have run the Action.
If you wish to see the details of all projects being created in an Action Run, click on "View Details". This will redirect you to an Action Run Detail page where each row on the table represents a project being created through the Action.
We will use a fairly advanced example here to showcase the full capabilities of Action:
1. We want to automate the creation of Token labeling projects with the following settings:
2. We want to store files used to create projects on AWS S3 with a bucket named datasaur. Let’s say we want to label various snippet stories from popular novels, which can be accessed here.
3. We have 5 reviewers and 12 labelers. Every time a project is created, we want to distribute the work, assigning one reviewer and three labelers to each project. However, since there will be multiple documents in each project, we want to assign only two labelers to each document.
4. For consensus, we want the system to automatically accept a label if both labelers agree.
3. In Datasaur, create a Token labeling project using the configuration provided above.
Here is the breakdown of each step.
4. Once the project is created, click the triple dot menu next to your newly created project.
You will see an option to "Save as Template."
5. Go to the Action page and start creating the Action by filling out the wizard form:
6. You will be redirected to the Action page once again, and there will be a new Action card.
7. Click the Run button and wait. Your projects will be created. To see detailed information about the automation process, click on View Run.
The Actions feature in Datasaur is a powerful tool that can streamline your data labeling processes. By automating repetitive tasks, you can save time and focus on the labeling process itself. This is especially helpful for larger datasets that require a significant amount of labeling and need to be supported through a batch process, which can be time-consuming and tedious.
At this time, we are launching Actions for project creation. As a next step, we are working on supporting project export. This means that you will soon be able to export multiple projects in a variety of formats with the click of a button, making it easier to remove the manual work needed to export the results of your labeling. If this sounds helpful to you, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!